EP34: Poor, By Rapper Standards
Thanks for listening to the Junto Show!
March 8, 2018
The “Junto” is a club Benjamin Franklin founded way back when America was Great. The purpose of the Junto was to debate questions of morals, politics, and natural philosophy. Our show’s not quite that stuffy, but here and there we stumble upon something profound between the geeky jokes.
The Junto Show is three friends, one black, one white, and one asian who get together and discuss the news of the day, leadership, pop culture, and whatever else comes to mind. We bring our unique perspectives to the table and hash it all out.
Beau was on baby duty today, so it was just Johnny and Lance.
In today’s show we Cover the following topics:
- Hot Take News (00:04:30)
- An appeals court decision rules that sexual orientation is protected by the civil rights act.
- Rapper Young Thug, in solidarity with his brother who went deaf, is taking a year off of music, to “act deaf for a year”
- South Carolina proposes a law to impose fines on people that sag their pants
- California is moving towards making self-driving cars legal.
- Amazon, makes Billions in profit, paid $0 in taxes
- A push is underway to get interracial couple emoji on your phone
- People looking to disconnect are moving away from smartphones, and to dumb phones.
- Captain’s Ready Room (00:29:53)
- In today’s Captain’s Ready Room, Johnny talks about “Luck”
- Pop Culture (00:42:38)
- Michael B. Jordan’s Fahrenheit 451 (HBO Movie)
- We talk HBO vs Netflix
- Is the Fresh “Princess of Bel Aire” coming?
- Johnny finally sees I,Tonya
- Johnny says Veronica on Netflix is good
- Jamie Fox – Prepare for your Goals
- Who Owns the North Pole?